Monday, November 14, 2011

Location (redux)

where does the wind go
when is fire over water
I have found a place

More or less. Details to be sorted. But it appears that I will be sharing a studio space in Lower Queen Anne. Much work needs to be done, there (painting and moving in and such), but the opening date of December 1 has been proposed. I am going to be a part of Kulshan Practitioner Organization Alliance. The shared room, in the same building as Kulshan College, will also serve as the college library. The theme of the room is fire over water, which works well with my efforts to combine disparate disciplines into a unique practice.
As always, there are compromises involved in geting the space. I probably pay less rent, and pay nothing on days and times when I am not actually using the space. This means, I save and pass that along to my clients. On the other hand, I may not be able to be open as much as I want to, and the impact that has on my schedule is going to be very real.
At first, of course, the lack of time to be open is not as much a problem. There are stories, of massage therapists who opened a studio, hung out a shingle, and promptly had more clients than time. I do not expect that to be the case, here. Which is why I am keeping the day job, at least for the moment.
On the other hand, in the long run, changing location is not good for business. So, really, I want to find a place I can stay, and stay there for as long as they will have me.
For now, I am participating in getting it ready. When all is done, I will make the official announcement. Until then, keep watching this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment